If the last of your kids has gone off to college, the silence that you so longed for now seems deafening. But this is just a shift in your household flow. Now, rather than focusing on a high school student’s needs, you can focus on your own. To help make this shift easy, you need to get organized. Start Here to Create Your Keepsake Box and Your To-Do Box: Boxes for Empty Nesters
Create a Keepsake Box
Fill a box with everything that you want to keep from your child’s growth through graduation. Childhood drawings, favorite toys and diplomas can go in this box. Label it and put it away for now. This will help you make the transition away from feelings of sadness. Your child has made the transition to a new life; it’s time you do the same.
Create a To-Do Box
This box is not one you will not put away. In this box you can put objects that represent what you want to do in your new stage of life. Fill it with objects of aspiration. Sure you could make lists in notebooks, but having a physical object in a box takes up space and reminds you everyday of where you want to go, want you want to do.
- Travel: find objects that will always remind you of the destination you want to visit.
- Hobbies: starting a hobby that you never had time for can finally happen with objects in your To-Do box that stimulate your inspiration for gardening or writing
- People you want to visit. We make lots of visits to family and friends throughout our life, but many times they are uninspired. Think of the people you want to spend some quality time with now that you have the time. Fill your To-Do Box with reminders from photo albums or personal mementos that will get you going!
Drawers Or Boxes?
How do you decide the best records storage for your business? If you have limited storage space and require frequent access to files, Bankers Box® storage drawers would be the best choice. If you have a lot more storage space available and need to access your files less often, storage boxes are the best solution.
When you choose drawer storage…
- You can stack records higher and save space.
- You can eliminate the need to stack and restack boxes
- You cut record retrieval time in half
When you choose box storage…
- You can move and handle records more frequently with stronger boxes
- You can store less frequently accessed records safely with safe closures
When you choose a drawer/box combo…
- You can store active files in easy to access drawers
- You can store inactive files in safely sealed boxes for long-term storage
Choosing the Right Storage Drawers
If space-saving is your primary concern, than drawers provide the best storage solution. Choosing the right type of drawer determines how high you can stack your drawers to save space, and the right size determines the size of the contents of the drawer.
- Maximum Space-Saving Drawers stack up to 10 drawers high.
- Extra Space-Saving Drawers stack up to 7 drawers high.
- Basic Space-Saving Drawers stack up to 2 drawers high.
- Letter/Legal Drawers accommodate both letter and legal size documents – This size drawer has the versatility for storing records of varied sizes.
- Letter size drawers accommodate letter size files. This is the perfect drawer if letter size documents are all you need to store.
- Legal size drawers accommodate legal sized files offering an additional three inches in width for larger record size.
Whatever your drawer choice, with the stacking ability of drawers, you can maximize your record storage space, save on retrieval time and eliminate box restacking—all while maintaining easy access to all your important records.
Selecting the Right Box
Different boxes have different purposes. Knowing which Bankers Box storage box to select, requires understanding your storage needs from type and strength, to size and assembly.
- String & Button boxes offer maximum security and reliable closure, even when the box is overturned.
- Lift-off Lid boxes allow easy access to records. Look for locking lids to securely store your files.
- Attached Flip-Top Lid Boxes prevent lost or damaged lids.
- Specialty Boxes provide specialized storage solutions for unique document sizes
- Frequent access, heavy-duty boxes hold up under heavy use and can be stacked higher.
- Occasional access, medium-duty boxes hold up under moderate use and moderate stacking.
- Infrequent access, basic-duty boxes are suitable for basic use and lower stacking.
- Letter/legal boxes easily carry and accommodate both letter and legal size paper.
- Letter size boxes are perfect for high capacity letter size paper storage.
- Legal size boxes are 3” wider than letter boxes and accommodate legal document storage.
- Presto™ instant assembly – sets up to 5 times faster than basic assembly boxes
- FastFold® quick and easy assembly – sets up to 4 times faster than basic assembly boxes
See how easily you can assemble a Bankers Box: How to Assemble Video